America’s Independence Day is tomorrow. Many people will be heading out of town, going to BBQs, throwing parties, setting off fireworks, or going to see some fireworks. I love the Macy’s fireworks in NYC when I am home, but my other favorite place to be on the 4th of July is at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA.
I love going to the Rose Bowl for the 4th of July, or as they call it AmericaFest. It is a ton of fun. During the day there are a ton of vendors selling food, drinks, ice cream, and more. I have discovered some amazing lemonade there. They also have radio stations playing music and doing giveaways. Inflatable rides and arts and crafts are just some of the activities they have for kids and adults alike.
For the fireworks you have an option to either stay outside of the stadium or you can pay to go inside for $13. Free for those serving in the military (4 free tickets) or veterans (1 ticket). My friends and I have always opted to pay and go inside as do many others. I feel like you get the full experience.
While inside the stadium you can either sit in the stands or down on the turf. Many people take out blankets and towels. There are live performances, motorcycle stunts, and more prior to the main event. If you go inside the stadium or not you can still enjoy the fireworks, which happens to be the largest fireworks display in Southern California.
If you do plan to go enjoy the 4th at the Rose Bowl Stadium here are some tips and things to keep in mind.
–Parking costs $25 per vehicle, great reason to car pool!
–Make sure you remember where you park! Depending what time you arrive will determine where they end up letting you park. Usually it is on the grass and not a designated parking spot. Once it is time to leave there will be so many cars you may have forgotten exactly where you were.
– One year I left as the fireworks were going on. Why? Leaving there can be a bit of a horror. So many people and so many cars it can take a very long time just to make out to the street much less the freeway. I recall a dance off happening with people hopping out of their cars one year because we were at a stand still waiting.
– If you aren’t trying to leave during the fireworks, make sure you have ample gas if not a full tank. You will certainly need it since it will take forever to get out of there.
– Bring some water, a hat, and sunscreen. It was blazing hot during the day. We were downing water and lemonade like no tomorrow. Even standing on the line to get into the stadium we were buying ice cream and frozen lemonade.
– Bring a jacket. I know your like you just told me how hot it is! Well it can get chilly at night. Then you will wish you had a jacket!
– If you aren’t going inside the stadium, bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and hang out in the grass. Many people were doing this to enjoy the fireworks. Some even were on top of their cars.
AmericaFest is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it! I have enjoyed the 4th at the Rose Bowl Stadium every year that I have gone!
Have you ever been to AmericaFest at the Rose Bowl? What are you 4th of July plans?