Between visiting and living in Los Angeles I have had the opportunity to do many things. There is so much to do there it would take a few trips. One tip if you’re thinking of living there yourself for a while; find a home in Rancho Palos Verdes, it’s the bee’s knees! I’ve never seen homes like them. Even if you have never been there, certain things should be seen or checked out while there whether you live there or you’re just visiting! So here is my list of 5 fun things to do in Los Angeles. Knowing me I will put a part 2 of this out.
1. Go horseback riding at Sunset Ranch Hollywood! I love going there, even if it is just to walk around. The prices are very reasonable and affordable. You can also take a ride and then stop and have a BBQ. You will be able to have an amazing view of Los Angeles, the Hollywood Sign, and more. I had a great horse named Kennedy. It can be a little scary as horses walk on the edge, but it was an amazing experience! If you do happen to go just to walk around be mindful of the horse poop. Also I have seen women show up in heels, bad idea! Come in comfortable footwear, it is pretty much a bit of a hike.
2. Head over to Lake Hollywood. There are a ton of Angelenos who didn’t even know this place exisited. I have seen a few tour vans go up there, but it still seems to be a bit low key. There is an amazing view of the Hollywood sign as well as a gorgeous view of the lake. Down the hill is a dog park. But please be careful if you go to a dog park though as you never know how other dogs may react towards you. If you get bitten or hurt by a dog in any way, then don’t hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles for further help and support on how you can make a claim. If you keep driving you will end up very close to the Sunset Ranch Hollywood, just be mindful of the blind turns when driving.
3. It is a tourist attraction, but not everyone seems to make it to The Griffith Observatory. I absolutely adore this place! I have seen their Centered in the Universe show countless times and I always enjoy it. The seats are extremely comfortable and you want to get tickets early as they sell out fast. The views from there are gorgeous as well! Getting their early is ideal, the later you wait the further down from the observatory you have to park. The further down you go the less light there actually is when it gets dark and you will be doing a lightly steep walk. They also have star parties, where people come out with their telescopes and allow you to use them. Amazing place!
4. Not exactly in LA, but not too far from it is Pasadena. Specifically Colorado Blvd. There are tons of places to shop, clubs, bars, lounges, and restaurants. It is beautiful. Enjoy the day just walking up and down the street stopping in at different places. Another favorite thing of mine to do in Pasadena is to hike at Eaton Canyon Falls.
5. Hit the beach! I’m not talking about Santa Monica or Venice. Try Zuma and El Matador State Beach out in Malibu. Much cleaner, less tourist, and an amazing scenic drive on the way. Another great beach is Dockweiler. Many people hang out there and even have bonfires and get togethers.
Have you ever been to Los Angeles? If so have you done any of these things?