Being from Queens, New York I had to write this. Especially since Lonely Planet named Queens the number 1 destination to visit for 2015. When flying into New York you land in Queens at either JFK or LGA. There are so many things to see and do in Queens I could be writing for along time. Here is my 5 fun things to do in Queens, NY!
1. Head over to Flushing Meadow Corona Park. There is so much to do there I can make an entire other post about it! If you love soccer that is definitely the place you want to be! There are tons of games going on all around the park. There are also a ton of volleyball games happening as well. Bike riding, skateboarding, rollerblading and more can be done here. Many people also have picnics and parties. Pay a visit to the New York Hall of Science and the Queens Museum. Even visit the Queens Zoo while your there. You can even ice skate at the World Ice Area year round. It is beautiful and was once home to the Worlds Fair. Some structures are still standing.
2. Eat your way around the world. Queens is extremely diverse. Food from all around the world can be found right in Queens. Head over to Jamaica and taste some amazing Caribbean food. If you are in the mood for Greek or Italian then Astoria is where you want to be. Fancy some Chinese food? Flushing is certainly the best place to find it. Craving some Indian food, no problem, Jackson Heights has got what you are looking for. Queens is heaven for a foodie.
3. Walk around on the beach. Yep, Queens has a beach. You can hop on the A train out to Far Rockaway and relax or take a stroll along the beach. Far Rockaway Beach is the cities only legal surfing beach! There are also concession stands or you can enjoy a picnic. Basketball and volleyball courts can also be found there.
4. Make your way over to Forest Park. There are many things to do at this park. Go horseback riding or on a hike. You can even try your hand at an 18 hole golf course. Be nostalgic and take a ride on the carosel. Hit the running track, play some handball, or baseball. There are constantly events going on at the park.
5. Enjoy watching the pros play sports. Queens is home to the New York Mets. Fan or not the new Citi Field Stadium has been gushed about. They also have the infamous Shake Shack inside the gates. Firework displays have been known to happen after some games and around the 4th of July. Performances have also happened after games as well. If baseball isn’t your fancy then not too far away is the Arthur Ashe Stadium, home to the US Open! This stadium is actually in Flushing Meadow Park.
Pin for future reference
There is so much more fun things to do in Queens that I will have to write more in the near future!
Have you ever enjoyed any of these things in Queens? Did you even know you could find all of these fun things to do in Queens?