Las Vegas is usually known for drinking, gambling, and clubbing. It’s not called Sin City for nothing, but there is so much to do there besides what you normally hear about. I love Vegas and frequent there. I am always doing and looking to do different things while visiting. Here are some other fun and different things to do in Las Vegas that you may not have thought of.
1. Lake Las Vegas– A man-made lake with a Mediterranean theme. Lake Las Vegas is surrounded by beautiful homes and hotels. There is also a little village that has restaurants and stores. You can rent boats, canoes, peddle boats and, paddle boards. I had a blast when I went with a few friends and we rented a boat. We all took turns driving it up and down the lake. If only we had thought to bring food and drinks like another group did. Next time…
2. See a Show– There are tons of shows in Vegas to see. Musical acts, magic shows, acrobatics, dancing, and more. There is something to choose from for everyone. I went to see Criss Angel’s Believe magic show which is part of the Cirque Du Soleil family. I personally love Criss Angel from watching his Mind Freak television show, so I had to go see him live. It was a great show and I would happily go see it again.
3. Red Rock Canyon– If you like to hike, go camping, take scenic pictures, rock climb, bike, or just want to experience something different this is the place to go. I went and it was beautiful to look at. I drove around and they have places to stop and park at different points. I climbed up a few rocks for pictures purposes. I saw a lot of people hiking, including kids. It was even more beautiful as sunset approached.
4. Lake Mead – Yep, another man-made lake. This is the closest you’re getting to a beach in the Las Vegas area. People like to rent boats, jet skis, go swimming, camp, hike, and more. It gets pretty hot there too as you head towards the water, especially during those summer months. The water feels really good. I went there with friends and we brought some food, fold up chairs and had a ton of fun.
5. Freemont Street Experience– It is Old Las Vegas. The first casinos were built there. So seeing where it all started and the old casinos (some have been renovated) is pretty cool. It’s sad to think that a lot of people now decide to use online casinos than actually experiencing the real thing (my friends included). Apparently they have been told to look at this Jonny Jackpot Review if they wanted to try a different website. I’ve tried to persuade them to go to the many casinos that are in Las Vegas, so only time will tell if they decide too. They have a light show and free concerts. They even have a zip line which goes from one end of the experience to the other. I personally haven’t tried that yet, but I have watched my friends scream with excitement from one end to the other.
What fun and different things have you done in Las Vegas?