With the holidays upon us everyone is out looking for gifts. Sometimes gifts are easy to pick out and sometimes your left stuck wondering what to get. Here a few items to get that person in your life who wants to or likes to travel.
1. Luggage Many airlines tend to beat up your checked bags. I had to throw a bag out recently because that poor thing was done for. Also when buying luggage, rather than black, get some with color in it so that it can be easily seen. A nice carry on bag or purse is another great idea. Some purses are so big they make a great carry on personal item to put your 6 Essential Carry On Items in.
2. A Passport Cover- Instead of the normal boring bare passport you get, get a cool cover to spice it up with. Plus it will be easier to find if you put it in your bag. For those who don’t have a passport, this would make a great stocking stuffer with the paperwork to fill out. Hopefully this entices the person to go get one and become international!
3. Travel Size Toiletries These make great stocking stuffers! Toothpaste, Chapstick, gum, lotion, and so much more. There are so many things in travel size that someone may need. A great place to get all natural travel size soaps and lotions is Oui’ Je Handmade Products.
4. Touchscreen Gloves- In a time where most people have smart phones and tablets, it is important to be able to use them outside in the cold. Gloves don’t allow you to do anything with a touch screen. There are warm touchscreen gloves that allow you to do all the normal things you would typically do with a touchscreen device, while keeping your hands warm. I have a pair and I love them.
5. A Star- Yes, you can buy a star. If you know someone who loves camping or glamping this is great. Even if someone just loves astronomy, you can get a star for the special someone. They send you a map and all kind of information on where to find the star. You can also name it. Star Registry is a site you can use to purchase a star. Seems like it would be fun trying to locate it while traveling.
6. A Portable Speaker It is small and can fit in a carry on. They have many small and affordable speakers. They come in handy hanging out on the beach, a boat, the pool, or in your hotel room. There are a lot of types that offer different qualities. If you’re looking for the loudest speaker, you could opt for something like the soundboks 2. You could also look for the most lightweight portable speaker so that it doesn’t take up much room or any luggage allowance in a suitcase. Some portable speakers need a dock so make sure to check if the speaker you’re looking at needs a dock or not. Not every hotel room has a dock, so this comes in handy. It’s worth taking a look at the outdoor empire article on outdoor radios if you’re in the market for this type of product.
So hopefully this list will help you in getting a gift for the traveler in your life, or even yourself!