When I think of Sprinkles, I think of innovation.
Not only do they make good cupcakes, but their expansion, and ways to get it out to the public, are pretty cool!
There are many Sprinkles in different cities, so if you have never had one, I suggest you see if one is near you. (www.sprinkles.com)
While other cupcake places are closing their doors, Sprinkles keeps expanding. Not only have they popped up at several new locations, but they have also ventured into cookies and ice cream….
I have yet to try their cookies and ice cream. I tried to in Las Vegas, but they ran out of my favorite, mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I have personally been to four different locations; the original one in Beverly Hills, Lenox Mall in Atlanta, New York City on the Upper East Side, and in Las Vegas. They all have something in common…a Cupcake ATM.
Yes, I said Cupcake ATM! An ATM that doesn’t dispense money, but cupcakes!
Being innovative they have taken steps to open the first Cupcake ATM.
This is pretty cool for different reasons:
1. You can get cupcakes anytime 24 hours a day. (Unless the ATM runs out.)
2. The line in the street for the ATM hasn’t been as long, from what I have seen. People will stop and watch you purchase your cupcakes.
3. When they run out of the cupcake you want inside, like they did with me, I just went outside and used the ATM and got what I wanted.
It is pretty cool getting cupcakes from the ATM. They show what looks to be live feed of your cupcake(s) being picked out and coming down the conveyor belt.
Now there are some cons to using this:
1. Cupcakes are priced in the store at $3.75. When I used the machine each cupcake was $4.25.
2. It’s an ATM. Debit/Credit Cards only. No cash and no change.
3. The cupcakes come out in individual boxes. So if you have more than one you will need a bag. I anticipated this and got one prior to using the machine. I had to go inside and get one. If they are closed you can’t get a bag.
4. If you get different flavors the boxes aren’t marked. It would be easier if they were, especially if they are for different people. Instead you have to open them up to see which is which.
So if you ever get the chance stop by Sprinkles and check out the ATMs.
Their website has the locations of where they are.
If you have been there or used the ATM let me know how your experience was.